During 2001 and 2002 Centro Sperimentale del Mobile, on behalf of Consorzio Casa Toscana and with the scientific contribution of Centro Studi Klaus Koenig of University of Florence, announced the International Casa Toscana / Green Home Competition, which witnessed the participation of about 350 adherers from all over the world.
The competition was dedicated to the ecodesign themes and in particular to the planning of furnishing elements with an acute awareness for ecology, and it was geared towards the appreciation and circulation of the Environmental Quality Label Green Home, from which the idea originated.
The aim of the competition was the circulation of a planning concept for ecological architecture.
The competition witnessed the participation of:
- Municipality of Quarrata
- Agenzia per la Promozione del Mobile Imbottito in Pistoia
- Centro Sperimentale del Mobile e dell'Arredamento
- Polo Scientifico Tecnologico in Navacchio
- Corso di Laurea in Disegno Industriale - Department of Architecture in Florence
- Dipartimento di Tecnologie dell'Architettura e Design "Pierluigi Spadolini" - Department of Architecture in Florence.
All of the winning projects were selected and exhibited at the Salone del Mobile di Milano in the area dedicated to Casa Toscana / Green Home.